AMSTERDAAAYYYYUUUMMMMMM! I'm Sorry That Was Too Cheesy, It Wasn't Any Gouda

Sorry for the late update. Anywhoooooooo on to the stuff that actually matters! Last week I went to Amsterdam! I did one of those crazy things where I decided to go on Monday and left on Wednesday morning.

I arrived in the Amsterdam airport early in the afternoon. I managed to find the bus to get me closest to my hostel. While not the nicest hostel, the location was fantastic. It was just outside city center and the street it was on had a bunch of different restaurants with cheap but extremely tasty food. After I got to my hostel, I met up with Shaoyun!!!! I was so happy we were able to meet up! We walked around the city and then got dinner.

Some of the 'dam beautiful sites I saw (with the burger I had for dinner)

The next day I woke up early to catch the bus to Keukenhof! This is one of the famous gardens outside of Amsterdam. I got to see amazing flowers!

All the flowers really bloomed my mind!!! (I couldn't resist the waffle)

After the flower garden, I hopped on the bus back to Amsterdam. Then I went to the Van Gogh museum. Turns out you have to buy tickets online, good thing the information desk had a wifi spot! I got lucky and was able to buy a ticket for a half an hour from the time I bought it. Once I got in, I got the audioguide and was on my way. Then I grabbed dinner with two guys I met at the hostel and went to bed.

The next day I started out by going to the Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam (aka the Amsterdam royal palace). This honestly may have been one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen on my European tour. It turns out that the building used to be the city hall before the Netherlands became a monarchy. Also the audioguide in this tour was fantastic!!! Afterwards I went to lunch. And then I met up with Kathleen and one of her friends! We talked over coffee for a while before I walked them back to their hotel. After that I went to the Heineken Experience. This was at the original Heineken brewery building. They brought you around the brewery and taught the history of the beer. 

Ale's well and good when at Heineken! Sorry, I could beerly hold myself back from making that pun. Okay, time to hops along to the rest of my time in Amsterdam.

After the brewery tour, I ended up going on a boat tour of the canals. It was quite fun. I had can(al)n't believe just how many canals were in Amsterdam. Most of the canals have houseboats along them. Houseboats became popular after a housing shortage in Amsterdam. They are so popular, that no new houseboat is allowed on the canal. 

On my final day, I went to the Rijksmuseum! This is the museum has of of the world classics including Van Gogh and Rembrandt! It was an absolutely stunning museum. Also the cafe in the museum was quite cute and the food was tasty. After the museum, I grabbed lunch at an Indonesian restaurant. It was amazing! After lunch, I went to the Amsterdam museum. I learned about the found of the city and it's history. It was pretty 'dam interesting. After that I went to the greatest museum if you can brielieve it! I went to the the CHEESE MUSEUM!!!! I got to try about forty different cheeses. My favorites were the bunker cheese, the cumin cheese, and Rotteveel. They were so tastyyyyy!


This place was so grate! Really nothing could be feta!!!

After the cheese museum I went to a cafe and bakery to grab a quick snack before I had to head back to the hostel and pick up my bag before heading to the airport. The trip was absolutely amazing and I am so glad I could meet up with two friends!!! 

To see my other pictures I took in Amsterdam click here!

Comments